Tarnished, if you need guidance to explore The Lands Between, use the guides below as your compass.
Elden Ring guides to explore The Lands Between
Basics and Settings
All you need to know to get started.
- What are the first things I should do in Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring: How to change your language settings
- Elden Ring stats: What they mean and how to use them
- Defense vs Damage Negation explained
- Lack of microtransactions makes Elden Ring more appealing
- UI and visual hints guide
- Elden Ring: How to become overpowered early in the game
- Do classes matter in Elden Ring? Only to a certain extent
- Can you play Elden Ring without playing Dark Souls?
- Does Elden Ring have ray tracing? Not yet
- Can you swim in Elden Ring?
- Can you have multiple save files in Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring: Can you have multiple characters?
- Can you play as a female character?
- Can you change your character’s appearance in Elden Ring?
- List of Elden Ring bugs and potential fixes
- What are those silver footprints in Elden Ring?
- Fix invisible enemies bug in Elden Ring in 3 simple steps
- What are the best hybrid starting classes?
- Elden Ring PS4 vs PS5 graphics: You need to sacrifice something
- Can PS4 and PS5 gamers play Elden Ring together?
- Elden Ring: What are the yellow lines on the map?
- Bloodstains not working in Elden Ring
- How many map areas are there in Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring thinks I’m using a controller
- Elden Ring: What are those knee-high stone pillars?
- How to stop accidentally dismounting Torrent
Gameplay and Game Mechanics
Learn more about Elden Ring’s mechanics.
- Elden Ring: 25 hidden mechanics you might have missed
- How to get Black Knife Tiche
- What happens when you rebirth?
- What happens if you open Patches’ chest?
- What happens when you get all Great Runes?
- Why can’t I apply Grease to weapons?
- What happens when you die in co-op?
- Use this simple method to destroy Chariots
- How to roll faster with heavy armor
- Where to go after Rennala
- What to do if you can’t fast travel in Elden Ring
- How to favorite Sites of Graces
- Can you get banned in Elden Ring?
- What to do if you’re not getting the “Legendary Armament” achievement
- What to do you got stuck at Ranni’s Tower
- How to increase item discovery fast
- Fall damage: How to avoid falling to your death in Elden Ring
- Is there a point of no return in Elden Ring?
- Should I join Volcano Manor?
- Should I burn the Erdtree?
- Elden Ring: Should I commit a Cardinal Sin?
- What to do if mausoleums are not working in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring: Spell damage varies depending on weather
- Here’s how incantations scale in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring: Glowing skulls drop Golden Runes
- Why you character’s eyes change color in Elden Ring
- What’s that yellow glow around my character?
- How to use secret gestures
- How do Ashes of War work in Elden Ring?
- How to replenish FP fast
- How does death work in Elden Ring?
- What to do if you can’t summon spirits
- All you need to know about illusory walls
- What does Arcane do?
- Who did the world’s first Elden Ring No Hit Run?
- You are not destined to open this chest
You’ll interact with tens of NPCs in Elden Ring. Some are friendly, most of them are hostile, but they’re all hiding something.
- What happens if Sorcerer Rogier gets killed?
- Elden Ring: Should I kill The Warmaster?
- Should I kill the Giant Jar?
- Are Melina and Ranni connected in any way?
- Should I serve Ranni?
- What to do if Melina is not appearing
- What happens if you refuse Melina’s accord
- What happens if I kill Miriel, the Turtle Pope?
- Elden Ring: What happens if you kill Seluvis
- Should I kill Gostoc?
- Gurranq got aggressive, should I kill him?
- Elden Ring: Should I kill the Dung Eater?
- What happens if you kill the first NPC in Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring: Should I kill Edgar or let him live?
- I killed Fia, what should I do next?
- Should I let Fia hug me?
- Should I kill all the merchants or not?
- Use Celestial Dew to de-aggro or resurrect dead NPCs
- Should I kill Alexander?
- Should I give Nepheli the potion?
- Should I kill Tanith or not?
- Should I pledge service to Kenneth Haight?
- What happens if I kill Patches in Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring: Gowry is dead, what do I do next?
- What to do if Sorceress Sellen disappeared
- What happened to Iji? Who killed him?
- Is there a way to save Melina in Elden Ring? YES!
- Why does Blaidd become hostile?
- What happens to Blaidd?
- Who asks: “Why won’t anyone look me in the eye?”
- Can you beat Elden Ring without Melina?
- Should I donate Runes to Thops or not?
- What happens if you kill Sorcerer Thops in Elden Ring?
- What happens to Thops in Elden Ring?
Don’t roam aimlessly on the map, use these guides to reach your destination faster.
- How to get to the village of Jarburg
- How to get above Village of the Albinaurics
- List of mausoleum locations to find them quicker
- Elden Ring: List of Site of Grace locations
- Stuck in the Sellia Crystal Tunnel? Here’s how to get out
- How to get to Altus Plateau without the lift
- How to get to Ainsel River
Enemies and Bosses
Everyone’s out to get you in Elden Ring. Don’t let your guard down!
- How to get back to the first boss
- How to defeat giant bears
- Why Dragons disappear during fight
- Elden Ring: Here’s where to go after Morgott
- How to beat Magma Wyrm Makar in Elden Ring
- Here’s where to find Dragon Hearts in Elden Ring
- Should I kill the Giant Dragon?
- You shouldn’t skip red-eyed enemies in Elden Ring
- Boss weaknesses to take advantage of ASAP
- Can you get attacked at Sites of Grace?
- Should I invade Old Knight Istvan?
Spells and Incantations
You’ll find these lists and guides super handy if you’re focusing on a Magic or Hybrid build.
- Rock spells can deal huge physical damage
- List of Mist spells, their effect and location
- Cast Crystal spells to kill enemies in style
- Use Magma spells to fry your enemies
- Gravity spells bring enemies closer to you
- Here’s what Sword spells you can cast in Elden Ring
- List of spells that increase damage negation
- Elden Ring: List of Glintstone spells and how to get them
- How to get and use Meteorite spells
- Elden Ring: Use Blood spells to make enemies bleed hard
- List of all the Ice spells you can cast
- List of Healing spells to recover health
- List of Invisibility spells to move undetected
- List of Lightning spells, their effect and location
- List of Fire spells and their effect
- List of Dragon Incantations and their effect
- Elden Ring: Sorceries vs Incantations
- How to cast powerful Faith spells in Elden Ring
- Can I beat Elden Ring without Magic? Definitely!
The more, the merrier!
- List of multiplayer items and how to use them
- Elden Ring invasion mechanics explained in simple terms
- Here’s why you’re not getting invaded
- What to do if you can’t summon allies in Elden Ring
- What to do if Elden Ring won’t let you play online
Items and Weapons
Use consumable items and upgrade your weapons to level up your character.
- How do you get Larval Tears in Elden Ring?
- Should I save Smithing Stones or use them?
- Elden Ring: How to sort your inventory
- Elden Ring’s Jellyfish Shield offers full damage protection
- Elden Ring: List of farming locations and materials
- Elden Ring says I don’t have enough Stonesword Keys
- Are there Ultra Greatswords in Elden Ring?
- Best Strength weapons to send enemies flying
- Should I sell or keep Golden Runes?
- Where do I find Deathroot in Elden Ring?
- Talismans to use for Melee builds
- Use these Talismans for sorcery
- Elden Ring: Best talismans for Strength
- Do this if you’re not getting all Runes back
- List of Remembrances and perks they unlock
- Elden Ring: Best Remembrances to duplicate
- How to get and use the Weathered Dagger
- Where to find rare Smithing Stones
- Where is the Unalloyed Gold Needle?
- How to get Furlcalling Finger Remedy in Elden Ring
- How to aim with bows and crossbows
- Where did my Summoning Bell go?
- What is Keen affinity in Elden Ring? How does it work?
- How to get and use the Claymore sword
There’s a reason why The Greater Will needs the help of The Tarnished.
- Who or what exactly is The Greater Will?
- What is the “Age of Absolute” ending?
- What happens after you become Elden Lord?
- Elden Ring lore: Learn the story of the Black Knife Assassins