Unfortunately, this expansion pack also brings a series of glitches and bugs of its own. Here’s a list of the most frequently reported issues just a few hours after the official release.
List of Sims 4 Cottage Living bugs and glitches
Cottage Living pre-orders won’t download
Many users can’t download and install the expansion pack. But we may have a few ideas on how to fix this issue.
This situation is even more frustrating if you pre-ordered the game but it’s not there. EA has already acknowledged the problem and they’re working on a permanent fix.
Hey Simmers 👋 Purchase and preorder issues are being resolved. If you are still experiencing download problems or missing Gnome on the Go bonus content, please submit a ticket to https://t.co/IzX6MLNno0 and include as many details as possible for our team to investigate further.
— The Sims (@TheSims) July 23, 2021
It seems that EA forgot to charge your the cost of the pre-ordered game. Try cancelling the pre-order and buy the expansion pack again. The game should download without any problems. As a quick reminder, the gifts are for everyone who bought the DLC before the 2nd of September.
Contact EA for further help.
Houses have no doors
Many gamers complained none of the houses have any doors. Unfortunately, it seems you can’t place any either. When you try to add a door, the game simply shows you an error that says Script call failed”.
This issue is usually caused by outdated versions of Basemental mods. Update your mods and check if the issue is gone.
Simple Living Lot Challenge has no effect
The Simple Living challenge doesn’t change anything in the game.
Add the Simple Living Lot Challenge to a community lot, add a fridge or some other cooking item if there isn’t one already, and try to cook. You’ll see that nothing has changed despite the challenge.
There’s no fish in the pond
The game lets you build really nice ponds. However when users try to place the Fishing sign, the game says there’s no fish in the water.
My sim stocked several ponds with fish, clicking the fishing sign, but I can’t see any fish in the water.
Make sure the fishing sign is deep enough. Try moving it to a deeper spot in the pond and check if you can stock and fish. Thanks for the tip @Pandasaurus!
- The pub owner is not manning the bar.
- Some players are having lots of lag and stuttering in full screen, and the game may become unresponsive for a few seconds. The good news is that it doesn’t crash.
- Some gamers can’t complete the errand for Kim Goldbloom. Namely, they can’t deliver the cheese and beef Wellington.
- Cottagecore audio is too loud and scratchy.
- Incorrect gender tag on pants and hairstyles. Some pairs of pants and hairstyle options are tagged for the wrong gender.
- The rabbits in Cordelia’s Secret Cottage sometimes get stuck, and there are no interactions available with the animals. Restarting the game doesn’t help.
- Some gamers can’t buy cows, seeds, or chickens. That’s really annoying because you can’t plant seeds, and grow your own crops, or add eggs and milk to your inventory.
- Other gamers complained their Sims won’t cook anything. Check if there’s something left in the oven, or lock your Sim in the kitchen.
- Sometimes, animal sheds won’t complete the clean action. As a result, the game automatically removes your cow or llama from the shed as not cared for.
- Possible workaround: Ensure all your animals’ needs are in the green, then try and clean them. Thanks for the tip @Anya!
- If your chickens are dirty and have clouds of stink around them, discuss preening with them. Additionally, travel to a different area after cleaning the coop. For more information, see Sims 4 Cottage Living: How to clean your chickens.
Have you encountered these bugs as well? Did you also experience other issues? Let me know in the comments below.