Explosive sprints can give you a massive speed boost that allows you to blow past defenders in FIFA 22. This will quickly get you within scoring range.
How do you sprint faster in FIFA?
To use explosive sprints in FIFA, first use the left stick to run in a straight line. Don’t press any buttons. Then, when defenders get near you, press RT or R2 to get a burst of speed.
Steps to enable explosive sprints in FIFA
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Customize Controls
- Scroll down to Analog Sprint
- Note: This is an option that allows you to control how fast you sprint.
- Disable Analog Sprint
- Go back to FIFA
- Press the left analog stick to move in a straight line.
- Then use either RT or R2 to activate speed boost.
For the best possible explosive sprint results, make sure your players have excellent dribbling and sprinting attributes. For example, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Lionel Messi will benefit the most from explosive sprints.
How to get the explosive spring timing right
- Your window of opportunity is when your opponents are close to you but not too close.
- Make sure to create as much space as possible using your skill moves and then press the RT/ R2 buttons.
The cooldown mechanism prevents unfair advantages
You can’t use explosive sprints again and again. There is a cooldown mechanic that prevents players from sprinting really fast if you just used the explosive sprint option. This is a good thing as it prevents abuse and unfair advantages.
Defenders can use explosive sprints as well
Defenders can also use explosive sprints. Go as near an possible to an attacker and then use the RT/ R2 buttons when you see they’re outpacing you. You can successfully use explosive sprints when defending as well.
- In order to use explosive sprints, you need to release all the buttons on your controller, except the left stick.
- When you hit the RT or R2 Sprint buttons, players will run at their maximum speed.
- Faster players will benefit the most from explosive sprints.
What do you think about explosive sprints? Have you used this option to give players a burst of speed? Share your thoughts in the comments below.