Performing a fake shot is one of the coolest and easiest tricks you can do in FIFA 22. You can use it to push things and push on to the defense. Fake shots are very hard to defend. You can easily take the goalkeeper out with a fake shot.
There are three kinds of fake shots you can perform in FIFA:
- The normal fake shot lets you keep the ball under close control.
- The running fake shot lets you change direction while you’re running.
- You also have the speed boost fake shot that lets you create plenty of space to send the ball across the field to another player or directly target the gate.
Fake shots are great because when done right, they help you throw your opponents off.
How to perform a Normal Fake Shot in FIFA
- PC: Press the left mouse button and then press the right-mouse button quickly
- Xbox: Press B and then A quickly
- PS4 and PS5: Press Circle and then press X quickly
How to perform a Running Fake Shot in FIFA
- PC: Press the left mouse button, then press the right mouse button quickly while holding left CTRL
- Xbox: Press B and then A quickly while holding RT
- PS4 and PS5: Press Circle and then press X quickly while holding R2
How to perform a Speed Boost Fake Shot in FIFA
- PC: Hold left Shift and press the left mouse button, and then press the right mouse button quickly
- Xbox: Hold the left button and press B, then A
- PS4 and PS5: Hold L1 and press Circle, and then press X quickly
Everybody can use fake shots, from strikers to defenders, and even goalkeepers. However, fake shots tend to be pretty risky for defenders.
For the best possible results, make sure your player has a high dribble or pace. High skillset players often perform fake shots with flair which gives you a handy window of opportunity to have a shot on goal.
What do you think about the new fake shot options in FIFA? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
⇒ Learn more: