This guide discusses what the term “occult” means in The Sims 4. We’ll also talk about some of the most popular occults in the game.
If you’re new to the game, or you’re an experienced player but you’ve never heard of the term “occult” before, this guide is for you. We bet you already encountered many occults in the game but you didn’t know they’re called that way.
What are Occult Sims?
An occult is a Sim that has special traits and abilities that normal Sims do not possess. Occults are also called Life States. Some of the most common occults in The Sims 4 include ghosts, mermaids, vampires, aliens, spellcasters, skeletons and servos. A Sim can only be one type of occult at a time.
By the way, you Sims can temporarily turn into PlantSims. That’s another example of an occult or a temporary life-state in the game.
We’re sure you already met plenty of occults in The Sims 4. By the way, if you’re curious to learn more about occults, check out the guides below:
- The Sims 4: Are vampire-mermaid hybrids supported?
- Can Vampire Sims Age? We got the answer
- The Sims 4: Can Sims Become Sages?
- Guidry the Ghost: All you need to know about him
What Sims 4 packs have occult Sims?
Occult Sims are readily available in many Sims 4 packs. Here’s in what packs you can find them:
|Sims 4 Pack||Occult|
|Tiny Living Stuff||Murphy Bed ghosts|
|Get To Work||Aliens|
|Realm Of Magic||Spellcasters|
|Paranormal Stuff||Ghosts, Skeletons|
How do you become an occult in Sims 4?
If you want to permanently turn your Sim into an occult Sim, you can use cheat codes. Press the CTRL, Shift and C keys simultaneously to open the Cheat Console. Then run one of the following commands:
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultGhost
On the other hand, if you want to temporarily turn your Sim into an occult, you can turn them either into a PlantSim or a Skeleton. To become a PlantSim, your Sim needs to eat the fruit of a PlantSim, or Plant Matter.
If you want to turn your Sim into a skeleton, you need to visit a special temple in Jungle Adventure and find a rare relic that allows your Sim to become a skeleton. Or you can simply use the cheat codes and turn your Sims into any type of occult you want.
How do I make my occult Sim normal?
If you want to make your occult Sim normal, you can use the Cheat Console and run the remove trait command: traits.remove_trait trait_InsertTrait. For example, if you want to turn an Alien Sim into a normal non-occult Sim, run the traits.remove_trait trait_OccultAlien command.
Can a Sim be more than one occult?
A Sim cannot be more than occult at a time, they can only have one occult status. For example, you cannot create a hybrid Alien-Mermaid Sim, or a Vampire-Alien Sim. If you try to combine two different types of occults, nothing actually happens.
How can I make an occult Sim through the Story Mode?
If you’re using Story Mode, you need to answer a series of specific question to create an occult Sim. Keep refreshing the questions that appear on the screen until you find two questions in a row that point to an occult. Then select the answer that points to your Sim being an occult.
For example, if you want to make a Vampire, when asked “Where do you sleep?”, select “In a coffin”. Then, when asked “What do you think of vampires?”, choose “You can count on me…er, I mean them”.
The same is valid for aliens, mermaids and other types of occults. Select the right answers, and answer two occult-related questions in a row. You may need to cycle through questions, and skip those that are not related to occults until you can answer two questions about occults in a row.
So, answer two life state questions in a row and you should get that life state.
What can occult Sims do?
Different occult types possess different abilities.
- PlantSims can talk to plants, and absorb solar energy from plants to satisfy their hunger needs.
- Mermaids can obviously stay underwater for longer than normal Sims. They can also swim faster than regular Sims and summon dolphins. Mermaids can also change the weather and alter a Sim’s mood.
- Servos can scan Sims to learn more about their traits and mood. They can also chat with electronic devices and kitchen appliances. Servos can also flirt with electronic devices and even woohoo with Sims.
- Spellcasters can practice magic, cast spells, and prepare special magic potions. As expected, they learn alchemy skills much faster than normal Sims. They’re also pretty good at defending themselves against spells and tricks pulled by the other occults.
- Ghosts can haunt your house and scare normal Sims. They can also possess items, eat and drink, and take care of babies.
- Vampires can control Sims’ minds. They can also conjure spiritual energy. Vampires can play the pipe organ, visit abandoned mansions, and of course, live forever.
- Aliens can abduct normal Sims and get them pregnant (both male and female Sims). They can change their appearance and hide their alien look. Aliens can also analyze your Sims’ personalities, take on the emotional state of Sims, erase their memory, as well as transmute Elements, Metals, and Crystals.
- Skeletons can take care of babies and even woohoo with your Sims.
Gamers say EA should focus more on occults
Many Sims 4 players are a bit dissatisfied with the efforts that EA puts into developing occult Sims. They want more extra interactions for occults, as well as a clear skill tree. Gamers also feel that Occult genetics can be significantly improved. For example, EA can allow some occult characteristics to be passed to the offspring regardless of the Life State that such children is. In other words, many players agree that some occult characteristics should be available in the form of a Genetic Trait.
Creating occult Sim is really fun and having more options at your disposal allows you to let your imagination run free.
What’s your favorite occult in The Sims 4? Let us know in the comments below.