If you used to play The Sims 4 on your old Mac and now want to transfer the game saves to your new PC, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick guide, I’ll show you how you can transfer Sims 4 saves from Mac to PC.
Steps to transfer Sims 4 game saves from Mac to PC
Step 1: Copy The Sims 4 Saves folder to an external drive
- Launch Finder, and navigate to Documents → Electronic Arts → The Sims 4 → Saves.
- Then copy the Saves folder to an external USB drive.
- Copy the Tray folder as well and put it on the USB drive. This will help you keep the files in your library.
Note: Your Mac may sometimes act strangely and save your Sims 4 folder on iCloud or OneDrive, instead of the default location.
Step 2: Install the game on your PC
- Download and install The Sims 4 on your PC.
- Then start the game once and close it down.
Step 3: Paste the Saves folder to your PC
- Navigate to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
- Paste the Saves and Tray folders there.
- Launch the game again and let it load the save files.
How to transfer Sims 4 saves from PC to Mac
To transfer your Sims 4 save files from your Windows PC to Mac, you need to copy the Saves directory from one computer to the another using a USB drive.
Step 1: Copy The Sims 4 Saves folder to a USB flash drive
- Double-click on This PC and go to Documents.
- Then go to the Electronic Arts folder, and open The Sims 4 folder.
- Copy the Saves folder to a USB flash drive.
Step 2: Paste the Saves folder to your Mac
- Plug the flash drive into your macOS device.
- Launch Finder, and go to Documents → Electronic Arts → The Sims 4 folder.
- Paste the Saves folder from the flash drive to The Sims 4 folder on your Mac.
- Launch The Sims 4, and wait for the game to load your save files.
Note: If there’s already a Saves folder on your Mac, rename it to SavesOld. In this manner, you can keep it for later use.
I hope this guide helped you transfer your Sims 4 game saves to another computer. If you’ve got additional questions about the process, let me know in the comments below.