If your Xbox console fails to load games past the title screen, follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the problem.
How to fix Xbox games not loading past the title screen
Update your console and restart it
Make sure to update your Xbox console to the latest version. Go to Settings, and Check for updates. Install the latest software version on your console, and restart the device.
Check if your Xbox games load properly after updating the console.
Press the Xbox button on the controller after launching the game
- Do a hard restart by holding the Power button on the console.
- Power up your Xbox.
- Launch the game and immediately press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Let the game load with the “Turn console off, turn controller off” screen.
- One everything’s loaded, go back and check if the issue is gone.
Clear MAC address and power cycle your console
Try clearing your Xbox’s MAC address and then power cycle the console. Check if this solution solves the problem.
- Navigate to Settings, and select Network Settings.
- Go to Advanced Settings, and then select Alternate MAC Address.
- Clear the MAC address.
- Your console should restart.
- Meanwhile, unplug your Internet router. Leave the device unplugged for 30 seconds, then plug it back into the wall outlet.
- After your Xbox console restarts, launch the problematic game again and check if it loads past the loading screen.
Unplug your console
If your Xbox games won’t load past the title, turn off the console and unplug all the cables. Wait for two minutes to get rid of flea power, and then re-plug all the cables. Turn on your console and check if your games load properly now.
Check your NAT type
Make sure your NAT type is set to Open. Navigate to Settings, select Network Settings, and go to NAT type. The current NAT type should be open.
If it’s not, you need to open some ports for your Xbox console to work as intended. Open the follow Xbox Live ports:
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP).
Contact your ISP for further help.
Reset your Xbox console
If the problem persists, reset the console.
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Navigate to Console Info.
- Select Reset This Xbox.
- Then select Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.
This option allows you to reset your console and keep your games and apps. Keep in mind that you’ll need your email address and password to sign back to your account after resetting the console.
If your Xbox games won’t load past the title screen, update your console and restart it. Then, clear your MAC address and power cycle your router and console. Additionally, check your NAT type and open the Xbox Live ports. If the issue persists, reset your Xbox console but keep your games and apps.