Many players have complained that depth of field in Call of Duty has become incredibly annoying. DOF can sometimes blur your gun preventing you from clearly seeing the target. Let’s explore how you can disable DOF in Call of Duty.
How do I disable depth of field in Call of Duty?
Edit the config.cfg file
- Navigate to Documents and select Modern Warfare.
- Go to Players2 and open the config.cfg file with any text editor.
- Alternatively, go to Program Files\Call of Duty\Main\config.cfg.
- If you’re using Steam, go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty\Main\config.cfg or Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty\Main\config_mp.cfg (multiplayer).
- Locate the setcl 1092995319 setting.
- Set it from 1 to 0 (zero).
Restart the game and check if your weapons still look blurry.
Disable DOF in the console
- Open your Call of Duty folder. For most users, it should be located under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty.
- Go to the Players folder.
- Open the Config folder (for singleplayer) or Config_mp (for multiplayer) with Notepad.
- Press Crtl and F and locate monkeytoy. Change its value from 1 to 0 (zero).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the text and type in spu. Hit Enter twice.
- Type bind key Command.
- Click back to Players and right click on Config.
- Click Properties and turn off Read Only.
- Save the Config file.
- Then right click on Config, click Properties, and enable Read Only.
- After that, type in /r_dof_enable 0 in console to disable DOF.
Did these tips help you disable DOF in Call of Duty? Did you find other ways to turn off this feature? Let me know in the comments below.